wrestling angels and college football in the south Thursday, July 31, 2008

We are officially 30 days away from the start of the college football season. I have done my part as a fan and spent this summer watching "tribute" videos and highlight reels on YouTube attempting to satisfy the jones that I'm experiencing for the fall and Auburn football.

More times than not this method of self medication has been effective in quinching my thirst in the seemingly endless drought that is the off-season. That is until tonight when I stumbled upon the following video that not only reminded me of an idol of my youth (Coach Pat Dye), but sparked a yearning for the escape from reality that four months of Saturdays provides the soul every autumn.

This video reminded me that the poetry of life and loving your fellow man exists in every arena, and sometimes it is sweetest when spoken with a southern drawl in a lockerroom on an autumn Saturday.

0 comments: