saturday night's alright... Sunday, September 7, 2008

Elton was right, Saturday night is alright for fighting, but it is also good for friends and moments of clarity.

I did something "white people" like tonight (minus the dinner-). That's right we had a party, minus the dinner. I normally would say it was just a party except that it had the feeling of a dinner party even though we didn't have dinner.

Anyway, the world famous world traveling
Yettons came over and then we were joined by Chrish and Kat York and the Petaja's. What a lovely bunch of people.

Conversation ranged from politics to
cereal to Cha-Cha to geometry to ear-candling to 'oh well lots of things'. But the point of this blog is that I remember at one point in the evening making the statement (innocently enough) that since Memphis was born I have not slept in past 10AM once... not once.

After everyone left I got to thinking about that statement and felt like it may have been perceived as a negative one. As if the fact that I am no longer able to sleep in somehow makes life less enjoyable. Well, I'm using this forum to set the record straight. It is true, I get less sleep (to be fair, Meg gets much less sleep than I do). It is also true, I would not trade one million hours of "sleep in's" over a lifetime for the little fella that I get to hang out with on a daily basis.

This simple fact was only made more clear after Memphis woke up in the middle of the night and I had to go into his room and rock him back to sleep. I don't care one bit that I have lost sleep. He is a miraculous little "monster" and he is pure love. Pure love.

I just had to take a picture...

0 comments: