fiction friday no. 3 (poetry edition) Friday, August 8, 2008

About Fiction Friday: I've decided to set a goal of doing something creative every week. To acheive this goal I'll be writing. Any story that pops into my head. I'll post what I write on (tah-dah) Friday.

today and tomorrow

falls like the turn of teardrops on a sand salty cheek
pools like the puddles of shallow sincerity that keep us
cool and separate in this warm twilight absence of air


christmas light sparkle stars are permanently apart of my eyescape
the sound of children playing in the backyard has become the soundtrack
my depression and exhaltation


lets go lets go lets go lets go
please lets go
hurry hurry hurry stop…

lets go back instead

why do you stare at me so so softly
in slow slow motion with your 70s soft soft lighting


the amber glow feels warm until the channel is changed
and the subscription runs out
and the kids grow up

and the time has come to have the talk we’ve all been dreading

thank you thank you thank you and one more time

thank you
you are loved

0 comments: